A few random things that only take 5 minutes. What other suggestions do you have?
- Pray 2 rak'at nafl at any time of the day or night
- Read a page or two from the Qur'an in Arabic or your mother tongue
- Take 5 minutes out from a hectic day putting your feet up and enjoying a cup of tea
- Something that worked for me this week: the bedroom dd10 and dd7 share was m-e-s-s-y and they made no headway on the tidying, I was only hearing whinging. Soooo, I set the timer for 5 minutes and told them to tidy intensively for just 5 minutes and see how much they could do. The bedroom was almost tidy by the time the alarm sounded. 5 minutes well used.
- Make some silent dhikr
- Cyclone clean one room; pick up any things on the floor, quickly dust surfaces, spray some air freshener, plump up the cushions.
- Email a friend you haven't been in contact with for a while
- Read a short story to your child
- Recite As-Salat An Nabi: A person who calls for blessings on me once, Allah sends down mercies on him ten times, ten of his sins will be remitted and he is raised ten degrees.
We often complain that we don't have enough time in the day but there are so many things that require a mere 5 minutes.