Monday, July 14, 2008

So, here we are



So, we finally arrived in Algeria midday on the 3rd July; the journey was smooth enough, the children were well behaved and it was a relief finally to touch down on Algerian soil.

Unfortunately that's when things became more difficult. Nothing major but it wasn't easy waiting well over an hour in the queue for passport control with five children, my 7 year old was getting ill (turned out to be chicken pox), my 4 year was miserable from not having had enough sleep and my 1.5 year old was just hot and wanted me to breastfeed her.

We eventually got through passport control and had a long wait for our luggage so it was a true relief when we got through customs and found my sister-in-law and two brothers-in-law waiting for us.


We arrived when preparations for the wedding of my youngest brother-in-law were full steam ahead but now the last of the guests have left and the house is slowly getting back to some kind of normality.

2 comments:

Adventurous Ammena said...

masha'allah, glad you arrived safely sis. alhamdulillah

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you arrived safely and good to hear from you again. Your breakfast sounds wonderful Masha'Aallah!!
Hope u r all well but could u bottle some of that chickenpox so that i can give it to my kids when we get back - we always seem to miss out.
I'll keep tuning in over the summer. Wwe are off to London tomorrow insha'Allah. Rain, rain, rain and definatey no ALFresco. I can't do here either as we are still in the middle of a dust storm. Wwe had about3 inches overnight on the car.